- LocationEngineering Building 1 #222
- Acquire electronic engineering-based knowledge and cultivate professional manpower required for field work in industry
- Cultivate engineers who can apply engineering technology based on each field of study
- Foster global talent with creative problem-solving skills through continuous self-development
Electronic Engineering is an IT specialization major launched in March 2020 by combining Electronic Engineering and Electrical Engineering. Electronic Engineering program operates a major of “Electronic Engineering” as a major with 65 incoming students, and 10 professors. It enhances expertise while teaching competency-based subjects.
To realize more efficient, future-oriented and specialized education in the IT field, considering industry specialization and linkage in accordance with academic and technological development, Electronic Engineering major sets “Cultivating professional talent,” “Cultivating creative talent,” “Fostering talent that makes an effort,” and “Fostering ethical talent” as the educational objectives.
The fields being studied by professors belonging to the Electronic Engineering program of the School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering at Hankyung University are very diverse with semiconductor technology, communication/antenna technology, signal processing technology, computer technology, AI technology, and bio/medical technology. Electronic Engineering-related technologies have a great influence on various application fields as social demand increases.
Further, Electronic Engineering is a very competitive field from a global perspective. In semiconductors and smartphones, Korean companies have the lead in the global market with very good technology. These companies are making a big contribution to Korea’s economy. The Electronic Engineering program of the School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering at Hankyung University is taking various efforts such as carrying out government supported projects, expanding scholarship payments, and conducting education and employment linkage program to foster competitive talents in the field.
Career paths after graduation
- Information and Communication R&D position and engineering technician
- Microwave technician and tester
- Software and embedded R&D and technician
- Semiconductor and display manufacturing technician
- R&D position in IoT, ICT convergence industry
- R&D at AI-related enterprises